Dry Vane Vacuum Pumps for Wood and Plastic Router Applications
With Becker Pumps, you will use only the power needed to get the job done. On standard 4’ x 8’ tables, our Model VTLF 2.250 is the #1 selling dry vane vacuum pump to router manufacturers and is only 8.2 brake horsepower. Compare that to the competition who offers a more expensive and less efficient pump for the same size table.
- CLEAR FILTER COVER
- Our clear filter cover permits visual inspection of the filter without having to remove the cover.
- 50% LARGER INLET FILTER
- The inlet filter has been enlarged by 50% to reduce the need for filter changes.
- EASY TO-USE THUMBSCREWS
- Only four thumbscrews on the cover for ease of service.
- RUNS COOLER
- Cooler running means extended vane life
- INLET CHECK VALVE
- An inlet check valve is included to prevent backward rotation to eliminate premature vane wear
- GREASE GUN STORAGE
- Built-in mounting bracket for the grease gun so it won’t get misplaced.
- GREASE FITTINGS
- Isolated grease fitting
- CYCLONIC FILTER
- Accessory to keep particulates out of pump and running like new.
Rule of Thumb Pump Sizing for CNC Router Tables
As a general industry standard, when matching the right dry vane vacuum pump to the table size, 5.5 CFM per square foot of surface area is required for nested base or spoil board tables. Pod and Rail tables utilize small suction cups and, therefore, require much less flow and usually use just one size pump.
|Table Size||Square Feet||CFM||Becker Pump||Becker Duplex System||CFM|
|4’ x 8’||32||176||VTLF 2.250||DS 250 W||352|
|5’ x 10’||50||275||VTLF 2.400||DS 250 W||352|
|5’ x 12’||60||330||VTLF 2.500||DS 250 W||352|
|5’ x 20’||100||550||–||DS 500 W||706|
|Pod and Rail Rail||12||66||KVT 3.100||–||–|
(This sizing chart is for estimating purposes and a trained Becker Representative should be consulted to match the correct pump to your specific table. All calculations are based on sea level applications.)